Click here to stop the scrolling List of Tips and Resources for New Bloggers

Stop Google fron Tracking your Searches

Convert to a 3 Column Template

Create more Page Elements on your Header or Footer

Simple and Easy Tricks for Learning HTML

HTML Made Easy for Beginners

Google AdSense Between Posts

Understanding Entrepreneurial Laws

Customize Format and Colors for Google AdSense

Wrap Text Around Google's AdSense

Placing Google AdSense at Bottom of Post

Google AdSense at Top of Post

Beware of Opening Links in New Window

Top 10 Google Searches for Bloggers Resources

If You Remember No Other Traffic Tip, Remember This One

Upgrade New Blogger to Customized Design Template

Increase Your Revenue and Build Community

((Bigger Hug)):Even Bigger Hugs!

Attention to All New Bloggers

Create Your Free Blogger Account

Increase Your Revenue with Page Views

Make Money Using Google's AdSense

Switched to New Version of Blogger/No New Features

Google's Web Search vs. Your Site Search

Copy and Paste HTML/JavaScript Code

Resizing Widgets and Google's Search Box

New Blogger Recipe for Creating a Blog

The Importance of Responding to Your Comments

Add a Site Meter to Your Blog

Copy and Paste Google AdSense

Earn Extra Money

Move Over to New Version of Blogger

Creating Links on Sidebar to Open in New Browser Window

Blogger Links Benefactor

Word of Mouth Marketing

Change the Order of Your Posts

Create a Clickable Link Within Your Post

MyBlogLog Branded Community as my Social Media Network

Checklist for Pre-Publishing to your Blog

Adding a Search Box to my Blog

Creating Links in New Blogger

Creating an 'Email Me' Link in New Blogger

Customize Settings in New Blogger

Content is King

Create your Free Blogger Account

Expandable Post Summaries or Selective post Summaries for The New Version of Blogger

Returning to Beta Blogger Template after Reverting to Classic Template

Checklist for New Bloggers

How to Create Expandable Post Summaries

How to Revert to Classic Template

Testing Beta Bogger

Thursday, February 8, 2007

The Importance of Responding to Your Comments

I hope you realize by now the importance of responding to your comments. I make a habit of responding to each and every one of my comments and I think they really appreciate being acknowledged. Another great way of showing your appreciation is to go to their site and comment on what they are doing, and I don't mean "nice blog" or "something like check out my site". Remember in all that you do in life, be sincere and they will appreciate your time and efforts put forth.

This happens to work in your favor by leaving a comment on another blog, you are actually giving a backlink to your site. When others read the comments and click on your name it takes them to your profile (make sure your profile is enabled in blogger settings) and this will mean more traffic for your blog. We all want more traffic and this is a good place to start! If you are a new blogger this is a great way to get yourself recognized.

After leaving a comment on someone's blog, do you ever go back to that blog just to check if they responded to your comment? Sure you do, I do and if they don't respond, well I don't usually visit them too often.

Stop and think about it, if someone walked by you, smiled and said hi to you, wouldn't you respond to their friendliness and cheerfulness? Then a comment that someone took the time to write to you deserves the same treatment.

Gosh, after reading what I just wrote.........I don't want to come across like I'm trying to tell you what to do or anything, however it's for your own benefit. I must sound like a mother, you know what they say, "once a mother......always a mother".....hehehe

6 comments:

Bob G said...

sincere says it all, Sherry - you've a wealth of information for us new bloggers :) Keep up your great work!

Sherrykins said...

Bob, Thanks so much for your visit and comment. I truly enjoy helping new bloggers, so come back and see me again.

I mostly talk about things I had problems with while setting up my blog for the first time. Implementing the different features that others had on their blogs was a challenge, so I'm trying to explain some of the simplest things to further the newbie along the road with their template, etc.

Cacasodo said...

Hi Sherry,
I've come to your site a number of times and your posts have been helping me learn about AdSense and blogging in general. I appreciate the time you've spent in making the descriptions clear and lucid.

FYI - I was looking for a good way to place "bookmark" links at the bottom of my posts and saw that you use AddThis. This is a very nice service! I've put it on my sites. By the way, there is a new drop-down style widget that you can use to make it easier for your readers to add bookmarks, instead of the older popup method.

cheers,
scott

Sherrykins said...

Scott,
Thanks for your comment and appreciation. Glad you found this site as useful information.

Terry Stynes said...

what an excellent site.
There is so much to read of interest.
Keep up the good work..I for one am very impressed with what you're doing! :)

Sherrykins said...

Terry,
Thanks so much for leaving your comment. If you need help with anything be sure and email me.