Click here to stop the scrolling List of Tips and Resources for New Bloggers

Stop Google fron Tracking your Searches

Convert to a 3 Column Template

Create more Page Elements on your Header or Footer

Simple and Easy Tricks for Learning HTML

HTML Made Easy for Beginners

Google AdSense Between Posts

Understanding Entrepreneurial Laws

Customize Format and Colors for Google AdSense

Wrap Text Around Google's AdSense

Placing Google AdSense at Bottom of Post

Google AdSense at Top of Post

Beware of Opening Links in New Window

Top 10 Google Searches for Bloggers Resources

If You Remember No Other Traffic Tip, Remember This One

Upgrade New Blogger to Customized Design Template

Increase Your Revenue and Build Community

((Bigger Hug)):Even Bigger Hugs!

Attention to All New Bloggers

Create Your Free Blogger Account

Increase Your Revenue with Page Views

Make Money Using Google's AdSense

Switched to New Version of Blogger/No New Features

Google's Web Search vs. Your Site Search

Copy and Paste HTML/JavaScript Code

Resizing Widgets and Google's Search Box

New Blogger Recipe for Creating a Blog

The Importance of Responding to Your Comments

Add a Site Meter to Your Blog

Copy and Paste Google AdSense

Earn Extra Money

Move Over to New Version of Blogger

Creating Links on Sidebar to Open in New Browser Window

Blogger Links Benefactor

Word of Mouth Marketing

Change the Order of Your Posts

Create a Clickable Link Within Your Post

MyBlogLog Branded Community as my Social Media Network

Checklist for Pre-Publishing to your Blog

Adding a Search Box to my Blog

Creating Links in New Blogger

Creating an 'Email Me' Link in New Blogger

Customize Settings in New Blogger

Content is King

Create your Free Blogger Account

Expandable Post Summaries or Selective post Summaries for The New Version of Blogger

Returning to Beta Blogger Template after Reverting to Classic Template

Checklist for New Bloggers

How to Create Expandable Post Summaries

How to Revert to Classic Template

Testing Beta Bogger

Friday, March 30, 2007

My Goal and Commitment for Blogger Resources

Beta Bloggers Resources Site Map for Step-by-Step Instructions


My original goal and commitment to develop helpful resource blogs has been focused on being able to help other newbies going through the beginning stages of blogging. I personally had lots of difficulty just navigating around blogger when I first started, so I guess you could say, I've been there-done that.

I now want to help others that may be feeling the same way as I did first starting out. Researching specific questions I had was very time consuming and I thought how nice it would be to find the answers for newbie questions in one location. Since I started using the Classic Blogger, many of the tips and step-by-step instructions I have explained are no longer relevant for The New Version of Blogger. With the encouragement from Rose at BloggerTalk, I started this blog focusing on The New Version of Blogger. All new bloggers are using The New Version of Blogger (formally know as beta) so I now have this blog focusing on tips and step-by-step instruction for the methods used in The New Version of Blogger. Feel free to navigate between the two blogs, Classic Bloggers Resources and The New Version of Blogger Resources to acquire the needed information for the specific topic of your interest. I'll answer any of your questions to the best of my ability or refer you to someone that does know the answers.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further instructions. If I have been able to help answer any of your concerns or questions, I sure would appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. Better yet, link to Bloggers Resources in your sidebar for future reference or for another newbie blogger that just happens to visit your site.
Happy Blogging....Sherrykins

View the referenced links or labels in sidebar for your topic of interest!


39 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sherry,
This is a great site! I was wondering the other day why I couldn't find a site like this! Great job!

Sherrykins said...

Chris,
Thanks for your compliments. Please feel free to suggest other topics of interest that you think would be beneficial for newbies.

J-hole said...

Sherry,

Thanks a million for your help. Continents away and you replied to me in only minutes with answers to my questions. I wish I had found your blog a long time ago. It would have saved me lots of time. Great job!

Sherrykins said...

j-hole,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me your comments. I was so pleased to be of help to you.

Anonymous said...

Sherry
You have great articles here. Have you try submitting your articles to Digg? Sites like Digg will give additional traffic to quality blog like yours.

Speaking of beta bloggers, I have found a method where you can add live Digg button into beta blogger. Having a digg button right at your blog will help your articles get votes into digg popularity post. The more number of votes your article get, the more blog traffic is expected. For more information, on how to add live Digg button on beta blogger, visit my Turn Your Blog Into Money Making Machine.

Thanks!

Sherrykins said...

Ruben,
Thanks for your comment and compliments on my articles.

No, I haven't ever submitted an article to Digg, I might have to look into that. Thanks for the information for adding the Digg button to the New Version of Blogger.

The Imaginary Diva said...

It's great that you are trying to help other bloggers reach their full potential.

Sherrykins said...

The Imaginary Diva,
Thanks for stopping by to leave me a comment. There is so much to learn as a new blogger, I want to give them my full support in any way I can.

awannabe said...

What I want to see more of is easy to use blogger beta templates. The three column one I used on my main blog is very editible through the fonts/colors tool button. But the one on my biography isn't. For the bio one I replaced the top picture with one of my own. That layout came from a site where you can get free layouts. But there are only a handful of them for blogger beta so I want more. I barely know HTML or CSS.

Sherrykins said...

a wanna-be-writer,
Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I like your three column template, you'll have to let me know where you found it.

Tony said...

Is it your web site or my calendar running slow. It says you posted a blog on Saturday March 31, 2007, but the thingee at the bottom right hand corner of my PC says it’s 4th March 2007?

By the way I love your blog, and bookmarked it.

Ignore the above comment. What can you expect from a Grumpy Old Fart?

http://grumpyandfarting.blogspot.com

Tell you what, why not visit my blog, and leave an equally puerile comment! (Puerile - isn’t it a nice sounding word?).


Keep up the good work.

Sherrykins said...

Yes But,
You make me chuckle, you can leave me a comment anytime. If you go to the end of this post you will see I explained the date change so I could keep it at the top of my blog. This is also known as a sticky post and will remain there. Sorry about any confusion on the current date.......your calendar is right! hehe

Thanks for bookmarking my site, I'm glad you found it useful.

Tony said...

Hi Sherry

Its me again, looking for advice

Visitors to my blog http://grumpyandfarting.blogspot.com have requested I set up a forum for discussions.

Other than through passing messages via the comment facility, which they are at present doing. Is there some way a facility can be set up to allow visitors to post their views in the main section of the blog?

Regards
YesBut

Tony said...

Since leaving a message earlier I have discovered how to add a Guestbook to my blog

http://grumpyandfarting.blogspot.com/

which will allow visitors to start discussions.

The advantage of living in the UK, I’m 8 hours in front of you. So I can post a question and find an answer while you are still in dreamland.

Though I guess you are up by now and eating you breakfast.

Today’s word is - ingratiating

Best wishes
YesBut

Sherrykins said...

Yes But,
Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner but I'm glad you found a way to setup a forum on your site.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. I am curious, though, how you managed to post a March 31, 2007 entry several weeks in advance.

:)

Sherrykins said...

bobbarama,
Thanks for the compliment. To change the order or date of your post, go to the dashboard and click on post, then edit for that particular post. Go to the bottom of the post where you will see Post Options and you can change the date of your post. To save changes click on Publish and that's all there is to it.

Kim Ayres said...

Hi Sherry, just a quick word to thank you for taking the time to visit and comment on my blog. It's a useful service you're offering here as a lot of the Blogger Help pages are still based around Old Blogger templates

Sherrykins said...

Kim,
Your welcome for the visit and thanks for dropping by to say hi.

I appreciate you letting others know I'm here to help them out, that was really nice of you.

Bigger Hugs said...

((HUGS)) to you Sherry :)

Sherrykins said...

Bigger Hugs,
Thank you so much, just what I needed! :)

I really like your idea and a ((hug)) button will go on my blog today.

savannah said...

thanks so much for this site and your help! i've passed it along to a few others, and i'd like to add you to my blog links!

Sherrykins said...

Savannah,
You're so welcome for the help. Thank you so much for the blog link on your site. I look forward to be of help to others in need.

Anonymous said...

sherry, i was wondering if you know how to use backgrounds/layouts off other sites on our blogs. also, do you know how to put youtube videos on blogs? let me know if you do. thanks. luv kelsey.

Anonymous said...

ps. in ur instructions for getting a hug link, you said to go to layout. where is that, i cant find it.

Sherrykins said...

Kelsey,
Sorry for the confusion, if you don't see Layout in the dashboard, then you are still on the Classic Template. Read Switched to New Version of Blogger/No New Features and that will clear it up.

If you want to stay with the Classic Template, you can Edit or Add Links to your sidebar by clicking on Template instead of Layout in the dashboard.

Sherrykins said...

Kelsey,
I'm not familiar with changing backgrounds or putting videos on your blog. You might want to try Blogger Tips and Tricks as he has a wealth of information on various topics.

writermum said...

Sherry, thank you for all your help, and the information given! I have added your link to my page in the hope that others will see it, again, thank you!
Lesley

Sherrykins said...

writermum,
You are so welcome! Thanks so much for the link on your blog letting others know there is someone willing to help them.

Congrats on publishing your books for children, how exciting that must be to see them on the shelf at Barnes and Nobel.

writermum said...

Hi Sherry, I think I've cracked it! Thank you so much for your extended help!! :) And your comments - I finally managed to get them on my blog! You're a star!!

Sherrykins said...

Lesley,
I'm so glad we figured out the problem with your comments. Thanks for the compliment. :)

Kathy Talkin said...

The blog date says May 31, 2007.
Yikes! I'm supposed to be in Miami. (on my 10th day) LOL

Sherrykins said...

Kathy,
This is a sticky post so it remains at the top of my blog and I change the date in Post Options each month. :) Don't be alarmed, you still have enough time to make it to Miami on the 10th. hehe

The Nylondoner said...

Hi Sherry,

Thanks for your helpful input. I know the content on my blog is interesting. [Presumably the most important quality in any blog?] So to be able to get help on publicising was crucial. Well done and thankyou for your blogspot!

Sherrykins said...

the nylondoner,
Thanks for leaving a comment to let me know this site was helpful to you.

Happy Blogging

Sam said...

Your blog is very helpul and I have learned a lot. Still I want to know one thing. How can you display the post date as 31-05-2007 which date is not yet come.
http://blogmoney1.blogspot.com

Sherrykins said...

sandpaper,
I'm so happy you have found this blog to be helpful. As you can see this date has been changed in the Post Options for it to remain at the top of my blog and is called a sticky post. Click on the link for instructions to create one also.

Sam said...

Thanks sherry. Thats new to me. I will try it. I like to link you with my blog with your permission.

Sherrykins said...

sandpaper,
Your so welcome and remember you can always link back to any blog without their permission. I do apprecitate you linking back to this site.

Another thing I notice is you don't have your Profile enabled for others to click on your name and view your sites. Go into the dashboard, Edit Profile and check the box for "Share my profile".